2 Windjammers on a Ride

Scott

Learning the Ropes
20140817_164939r.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, thats enough! You cant put two Windjammers in one photo in modern day times. On top of that, you take a cool picture??

Scott, how cool! Thanks, and I am going to penalize you for that image. PM me your address and I will send you out two Vetter Owners Group patches.

Love it!

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
That is a nice pair of bikes. What year is the one with the orange stripes? Judging by the wheels I would say it is a 78 or 79 as the 78/79 GoldWing had the same style Comstar wheels and then 1980 Honda started making them like your 81's.

Scott

Learning the Ropes
Good Judging Brian! Yes, it is a 79 750F. It was the first year of the 750 dohc motor. The 78 750F had the same silver Comstar wheels with the black sohc motor. Always nice to have multiple Windjammers in a picture!

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Scott..where was the nice picture taken.Like the lowers and the custom orange to blend in with the paint scheme on the bike.A tent,campfire and a pole in the water would be perfect:)
Three is better..I think two is the most I came across:-( at one time.

Scott

Learning the Ropes
Picture was at Nevada Creek reservoir, about 50 miles from Helena. I totally agree with a tent and a campfire! That orange stripe was put on the fairing when the bike and fairing were new. I do agree it looks good (at least for the age). My dad got some custom stripes for his old wing from Craig at the Vetter Rally in Colorado Springs in 1980. I need to get those pictures from that rally and post some to the site.