Another Vetter newb checking in

83Winger

Grasshopper
Just picked up a fairing, bags and trunk for my '83 Wing and couldn't be happier! Found the craigvetter site and ordered springs for the bags and bunkees for the trunk. Figured I'd sign up here and learn a thing or two!

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Welcome! If you have a Windjammer 4 or 5 with built in turn pilot and turn signal lights make sure you pull the pods and check the lenses are still glued to the reflectors. The glue used when fabricated new deteriorates over time. You can lose the lenses while riding and never know it until you get to your destination. By then it's too late to ever find them. 3M glue will reattach them to the reflector for many more decades of use.
Don't let this happen to you!

83Winger

Grasshopper
Welcome! If you have a Windjammer 4 or 5 with built in turn pilot and turn signal lights make sure you pull the pods and check the lenses are still glued to the reflectors. The glue used when fabricated new deteriorates over time. You can lose the lenses while riding and never know it until you get to your destination. By then it's too late to ever find them. 3M glue will reattach them to the reflector for many more decades of use.
Don't let this happen to you!
Thanks for the heads-up! Mine's the SS and needs a little work, so along the way I'll check for such things.

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Welcome!
Good point on the lenses. I just happened to notice one of mine was nearly falling off and the other one was showing signs of the glue getting old, too.
I think I used a polyurethane glue to re-fix them, so there won't be any more looseness for a while yet.