Hen's tooth - Fair warning

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Are they of any use now, though? Even in the smaller towns, surely the technology has moved on a bit? Are any police forces still using radar guns that this would detect?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Whats odd about the auction, is if you look at completed auctions it was listed for $89.00. Thats more reasonable. Make an offer!

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
That's an X-band only detector. The only place X-band is used today is in older automatic door openers at grocery stores and that sort of thing. New automatic door openers use heat sensors to recognize humans approaching the doors. At one time X-band was also used to detect cars at read lights. They switched to metal detectors imbedded in the pavement due to erratic operating during solar storms.
Modern Police Radar units use Ka band or Laser.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
That's an X-band only detector. The only place X-band is used today is in older automatic door openers at grocery stores and that sort of thing. New automatic door openers use heat sensors to recognize humans approaching the doors. At one time X-band was also used to detect cars at read lights. They switched to metal detectors imbedded in the pavement due to erratic operating during solar storms.
Modern Police Radar units use Ka band or Laser.

Which is why I chocked when I saw the asking price...

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Worthless technology wise. That's why the price is about $120 too high for me.
If I found one cheap I would pull the detector out of it and use it as a switch box for accessories or perhaps some sort of digital meter. A battery monitor would be handy.