Hippo Hands

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Finally, after fighting all winter and trying to get a pair, I was able to score a pair of Hippo Hands on flee-bay today for $51.00!

A few weeks ago, I lost out on the pair I really wanted, the logo was yellow, not blue, and there was a change holder in the left hand. Went too high for my wallet. I will be happy with the ones I got and warmer in the winter. :D

roncar

Grats!:)
I remember having a pair long long ago, in a state far far away. :rolleyes:
Not much need down here though.:p
(100)

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I guess not, and with the winter we just hand there wasn't much need for it either, but if next winter is like the norm around here, they will get used A LOT!

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
The bad thing... here in California, Hippo Hands would never be used. I would need the opposite, because its 115-120 here in the summer!!

Congrats! I want a pair too, for my collection.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
They're here, they're here! Looks like I got some of the "Hippos of 1975-78..." like those on the left.

1976-82-Hippo-Hands-ads-web.jpg

They came complete with the dust and dirt. Now after the winter we just had, I am not looking forward to another winter, but riding with these will be more comfortable! :)

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I'm still looking for a 73-74 set with the yellow logo and coin pouch, but I don't want to pay what they are selling for.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
A set recently went for about $150 on ebay. The seller had no idea what he had listed as his description was way off the mark.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, thats it! Tom, I am jealous. Im getting on Ebay now. How the heck did you get some of those super cool and rare items?