Mystery fairing

david kelly

Grasshopper
fairing1.jpg
I am hoping someone can identify this fairing for me.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
That is an appropriate thread title! I have never seen one like that before. :(

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
That is why I am wondering. It can't be that big of a space so it makes me scratch my head. :confused:

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I don't have a clue as to what it is but with that locked compartment there may be no access in the back so you might be able to fill the fairing up with gloves,rainsuit,maps whatever,looks big enough.Kinda looks Italian in design. A stumper on me.

Lew Morris

Grasshopper
It appears to have the same turn signals as the old Rickman Polaris fairing. That, of course, doesn't mean it is a Rickman. Might be English though.

$_12.jpg

V

Vesku

That's Craven Mitchenall Clipper fairing from late 70's or early 80's. And yes it is British and has the same turn signals as Rickman Polaris. Made By Craven in London. Craven is better known of their motorcycle panniers.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum! I'm still curious as to how big that storage area is under that door.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
That's Craven Mitchenall Clipper fairing from late 70's or early 80's. And yes it is British and has the same turn signals as Rickman Polaris. Made By Craven in London. Craven is better known of their motorcycle panniers.

I believe that if it has Rickman Polaris turn signals they were made by Lucas and were the same as fitted to the MK10 Jaguar, I had a "bare" Polaris body once and had to search scrap yards for the parts to complete it (pre-ebay times). The headlight I used for the Polaris was from a Mini of the same period, the headlight bucket screwed into the fairing, light unit inserted and then the chrome Mini headlight surround clipped on.

001.jpg