New From Arizona

Skiprrdog

Grasshopper
Hey Everybody,

Two weeks ago picked up a 1983 Kawasaki KZ1100 that was factory dressed, except for the trunk, which is an aftermarket bit...and I am LOVING IT! This old Vetter stuff is so cool and sexy :) The bike was non-op when I got it, sat for seven years, but I hope to be cranking it over later today, after having labored over it for two weeks.

The door on the right side bag had some scratches on it after having come off at speed, so I have them both sanded and primered, going to paint them with a wrinkle black, I think, and call it good.

Attachments

Last edited:

Skiprrdog

Grasshopper
Thanks! Good to be here. She is getting a facelift right now, nothing major, sort of a botox treatment for a motorcycle :) Hopefully going to see if she fires up today.
And I decided to replace the ancient Realistic cassette deck (pretty sure I have NO cassettes any more) with a mech-less am/fm bluetooth radio.

Skiprrdog

Grasshopper
Thanks! The PO put the trunk on it. I already took all of the luggage off of the bike, and found a Vetter trunk on eBay. I have to paint it to match the saddle bags yet, so it will be a while before I get that stuff back on...

Attachments