OEM Vetter Backrest/Brackets

MagnaWing

Grasshopper
Hello Craig! I mean "Mr. Vetter." Love your designs and builds.

First of all, thank you for maintaining the website with so much useful (and free!) information. Very noble and kind of you.

My question is this: Did you produce an “official” Vetter RIDER backrest for use with your tourpack and mounting brackets?

I recently acquired a very nice set of your gear, including a “Windjammer 5” fairing with type 53 lowers, with mounting brackets for the fairing (and tourpack) said to be off an early 80’s V45 Honda MAGNA.

There are TWO brackets to mount the fairing, they are very similar, and they RESEMBLE the picture of the brackets listed (on your site) for the early 80’s V45 Honda SABRE.

Can you verify specific vehicle fitment? I did NOT see them on a bike, and would not want to represent them as something they are not.

I’ve attached pictures of the brackets. Not too many of them could have been produced (the Magna was not a “touring” bike) so I will understand if you don’t remember them.

Also, a very nice backrest was in the lot. A picture is attached. Did you make this? Were there a lot of them?

It LOOKS like there should be brackets to attach the backrest to the tourpack mount, sadly these did not come with it. Do you know what those looked like? How to find them? (part # or?)

Thanks in advance for any help or information you can provide about your fine products!

"MagnaWing"
SAM_3944.JPG
SAM_3957.JPG

limpy45

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
I can't remember exactly who made that back rest system. I believe it may have been 'Triple A'. They made many accessories for bikes back then. I had a similar system on my Gold Wing when I bought it. Does your back rest slide forward and backward? Many of that style did, supposed to help you sit. Mine was about 6 inches to short to move forward for me, so when I mounted my trunk the back rest went bye bye. The standard mount for the trunk is a rectangular formed steel hoop with a 'H' looking piece with many holes for the direct mounting of the trunk, then the "H" piece mounted to the hoop which is turn mounted to the seat guard rail. Confusing, but there are pictures somewhere on this site.

MagnaWing

Grasshopper
Thanks for the reply. It DOES slide forward and back, and yes the "legs" are about 24" long, so plenty of room to mount. I have a set of "KG" brackets that fit the tube diameter, so it's a matter of fabricating a mount for the six pack rack, and simply including some mounting holes to attach the KG brackets. I'm working on a design for the custom mount that will allow the mount to adjust up and down maybe a couple of inches (for passenger backrest fit/comfort), and maybe a couple of inches forward and back, as well.

I think what I have is a mixture of Vetter stuff, KG stuff, with maybe a little "Triple A" backrest thrown into the mix for fun. I'll get it sorted eventually, and post up some more pictures of my progress.