Presto-Change-o...

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Last month I went on an epic trip, at least for me, that has long been on my bucket list. The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. To do it, I wanted to have some extra, lockable storage on the bike... what to do? Simple, switch out the soft saddlebags for the Vetter bags and add the trunk.

Cabot Trail.jpeg

It's fun riding 2600 plus miles on an old bike with a bunch of Vetter gear on it! The conversations that are had just add to the experience. When I got home, it didn't take much to change the bike from an open road mile eating machine to the mild mannered around-town bike that it normally is.

1200 - 2019.jpg

Versatility is the spice of life!

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Last month I went on an epic trip, at least for me, that has long been on my bucket list. The Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia. To do it, I wanted to have some extra, lockable storage on the bike... what to do? Simple, switch out the soft saddlebags for the Vetter bags and add the trunk.

View attachment 2691

It's fun riding 2600 plus miles on an old bike with a bunch of Vetter gear on it! The conversations that are had just add to the experience. When I got home, it didn't take much to change the bike from an open road mile eating machine to the mild mannered around-town bike that it normally is.

View attachment 2692

Versatility is the spice of life!
I leave my Vetter Bags and Trunk on all the time. Craig designed them to pull the air behind the bike instead of rolling back onto your backside. Without them I get air coming from behind right up my back. That's no fun at all when the weather is cool or cold.
I'm sure you got lots of questions about your Vetter gear. I get lots of people asking what kind of bike I'm riding because no one recognizes what it is fully dressed in Vetter gear. It's the 'little' Honda Shadow VLX 600 with a WJ4. The 600cc Shadow is one of the few modern bikes a Windjammer will fit on. It was a tight fit with only 1/8" clearance for the forks. Most people today have never seen a Windjammer on or off a bike or those strangely shaped Vetter bags and trunk. Older riders like myself do recognize that stuff and are impressed I was able to design and fabricate custom brackets for mounting it all.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
This bike is tagged as an antique so I only get it out once or twice a week. Most times I ride it, it is for short distances so the air flow isn't much of an issue for me. There were a lot of conversations that I had with people that knew exactly what I had as they simply stated that it was nice to see an old bike with some Vetter bags on it. Most conversations also involved a similar comment that it reminded them of a bike they had back in 197X.