USCA National Meet 2017

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
The 2017 National USCA Rally will be held near Corning, NY. The dates are July 28,29 and 30. The rally will be held at the Ferenbaugh Campground.A great place to show off your Terraplane sidecars.I am the the NJ rep of the United Sidecar Association so i am planning on going. As i get the info i will post it on this thread.

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
Whatever happened to the Griffith Park Rally in So. Cal? I always attended those when I lived out there in the '80's.

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
besides being the Jersey Rep of the USCA i help run the USCA facebook page.so post those Terraplane pictures there.

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
Posted, with a brief write-up. I browsed the photos section over there, and never did see a Terraplane.

HorrorGuy

Learning the Ropes
Thanks for posting the picture and the write up.i like the heater idea [i live in the northeast].The USCA has a great magazine for its members.you should do a tech article on the heater for the Sidecarist magazine.

trikebldr

Learning the Ropes
I do have several bike/sidecar-specific projects being documented on another forum, but they are a bit heavy into custom fabrication, including sheet metal work, machining, and welding. Years ago, when I had my Spyder connected to my first Voyager, I did an article showing pictures of the build of that cooling/heating system, but got "boo'd" for it not being relevant since it was way too complex for what anybody else would want to do for theirs! Violations of warranties, and some such nonsense, etc! Now I just do my thing, post a few pics and share a brief description of the job and let anybody interested ask questions.
But, when I get it all done I will post here since we do seem to have a few VERY talented owners, and warranties are long past valid! There are already several very cool ideas presented here about such things as air shocks and anti-sway bars between bike and hack. One TP is currently being completely restored just like you are doing, by completely dismantling it and starting from the ground up. Another has been so beautifully modified as to mold the flip-top into the base section leaving no seam at all, and a few other mods as well.
Yep, this is the place for all things TerraPlane, albeit a bit slow in activity usually. I even bought mine through a listing here almost as soon as the seller had stopped typing! It's good to have another owner that is active in building/restoring another TP!
I have a lot of pics of the TP's from other owners, sales listings and websites as well as brochures and info if you would be interested. This site doesn't provide much for presenting so much stuff unless posted a bit at a time, making it hard to find at times. You can email me: rbbspeed@gmail.com

BeachedSquirrel

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Now that I can start dedicating some funds to my Terraplane project, this would be a good goal to hit. Albeit 1250 miles from the house... cross county trip? Hmm.

Windbüchse

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Whatever happened to the Griffith Park Rally in So. Cal? I always attended those when I lived out there in the '80's.

After Doug Bingham passed, Griffith Park wouldn't let the rally continue. Hart Park in Newhall was selected to continue the tradition as a memorial to Doug.

Try: https://www.facebook.com/SideStrider/?pnref=story

We were there:
14708364_1024618130981992_9204574867982011291_n.jpg

Later, Martin

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
The 2017 National USCA Rally will be held near Corning, NY. The dates are July 28,29 and 30. The rally will be held at the Ferenbaugh Campground.A great place to show off your Terraplane sidecars.I am the the NJ rep of the United Sidecar Association so i am planning on going. As i get the info i will post it on this thread.
Updates would be appreciated. Corning would appear to be less than six hours away for me - south as I am a Canuck living in Ontario. I am going to look at the logistics of going. It would be great to meet up with fellow Terraplane owners for those that could make it. I will start the process by joining USCA. Mike