Vetter Fiamm Horn Option

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Picked these up the other day. They are all original, in the original box with the purchase receipt. The purchaser paid a grand total of $29.95 in 1987. They bought from a Yamaha dealer in Illinois.

The horns were manufactured in 1979 and listed as the Vetter Corp. Windjammer IV Fiamm Horn option.

The Vetter horn option is mounted in the cavity within the Windjammer fairing, access being gained through the side pockets. The horn bolt - one on each site - behind the louvered portion of the leading edge lights.

I will scan the instructions and put them in the technical archive, as well as give Craig a copy for his site. The ones he has are only two pages. These instructions are 6 pages. The box says WJIV 100070043.

windjammer_4_fiamm_horn_01.jpg
windjammer_4_fiamm_horn_02.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Let me just add, putting them in place may sound easy, but for those people with bigger hands, it isn't! They are louder than the stock GoldWing horns though.

limpy45

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
When using these be sure to use a relay, run original horn wire to activate relay. They will eventually cook the horn switch button and innards. Don't ask how I know. I had a set on one of my bikes many years ago, LOUD was awesome. Kind of fun to wake up cage drivers now and then. Have a set of air horns on the GL1500 now, they really get attention fast!!!

roncar

...I will scan the instructions and put them in the technical archive, as well as give Craig a copy for his site. The ones he has are only two pages. These instructions are 6 pages....
So you've had two months to scan six pages. Still going to scan them?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
My scanner is really really slow. One page every two weeks. I still have 2 pages to go!

Ill get it done! :bankhead::bankhead: Sorry

roncar

I know that I have a serious case of CRS (Can't Remember Stuff:)) and need prodded once in a while.;) Only 4 weeks to go.:D

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, the much anticipated Vetter Fiamm Horn Option Manual is here.

Just click the attachment.

Attachments

• Vetter_Fiamm_Horn_Option_Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,161

roncar

Awesome, and 4 weeks early!;) Been needing this. When I installed the horns in the fairing on my 78 GL1000, I had found some information in one of the fairing manuals on Craig's site, but don't remember which one (CRS ya know.:eek:ops:) I managed to find another used set for my 76 GL1000, but due to lack of 'full' instructions and the close quarters of getting them in there, I've been putting it off. One problem now solved, now to find that elusive 'round tuit' and get it done.

Thanks much

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
When I installed mine, I never could get the relay to work correctly, so I just bought a new relay. Now if I could just get all 4 horns to work off of 1 button, I would be happy, happy, happy!

roncar

Now if I could just get all 4 horns to work off of 1 button, I would be happy, happy, happy!
I think I tried that when installing on my 78. IIRC it caused some weird side effects (been a while though) but it didn't work as I intended, so I gave up.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
When I get to that point again, I'll let you know, but the WJ III that is going back on the bike might not accept the horns.