Vetter Jetcockpit

VoodooRed_KZ1100_A-3

Learning the Ropes
Hello all!

Terraplane Tom replied to a post of mine with a pic of a panel that would mount inside a WJ fairing
about where a Cycle Sound would. With two gauges, and some other gear, it was called a Vetter
"Jetcockpit". In the pic a Motorola land mobile radio mic appears. Could this have been a police bike item?
The reason for my curiosity is simple. I'd like to mount some ham radio gear on "Red".

Thanks!

Mark

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I asked Craig at one point if he ever sold to the police industry his response can be found here. Based on what Craig said and seeing that the Jetcockpit is a accessory for the Windjammer, I would guess no on the police. I have scoured the web looking for a Windjammer used on an actual police bike and have not found one. Most are Bates that I have seen.

Terraplane Tom

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Hello all!

Terraplane Tom replied to a post of mine with a pic of a panel that would mount inside a WJ fairing
about where a Cycle Sound would. With two gauges, and some other gear, it was called a Vetter
"Jetcockpit". In the pic a Motorola land mobile radio mic appears. Could this have been a police bike item?
The reason for my curiosity is simple. I'd like to mount some ham radio gear on "Red".

Thanks!

Mark
I made mine to "look" like a police radio to fit on my WJ. I simply added the mike and wired it so that when you keyed up the mike, it would turn on the green light. The left switches turn on the unit and red light, and the right switch turns on an external siren.
Jetcockpit.jpg

IMAG0010 (2).jpg

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
Found this manual for the "Vetter Jetcockpit" including oil sensor mounting, sorry I am unable to upload the whole thing as its 10.6mb, if anyone want a copy I could email it to you.

VetterJetcockpit.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I'd be happy if I found the Jetcockpit. Seems like they are as rare as hens teeth... just like the radar detectors.

VoodooRed_KZ1100_A-3

Learning the Ropes
Brian,

I decided against the "Jetcockpit" and am now looking for a Cycle Sound for mine. I'll go with a "mech-less" head unit with a usb/mp3/card reader port, and do that. I have another idea for the 2 meter/70cm rig.

Mark

VoodooRed_KZ1100_A-3

Learning the Ropes
Well, guys...

Is there a specific Cycle Sound unit I need to be looking for? "Red" has all the "Kawasaki by Vetter" gear and fairing... I'd like to get the correct one the first time.

Mark

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
As far as the Cycle Sound - I don't know if there was one make specifically for Kawi's...

Here is what is on Craig's site:

Why are there two different radio housings: Cycle Sound and Vetter Sound?
Here is the Cycle Sound story: Fred Hoese, a dear friend, who now makes "LeatherLyke" saddlebags, invented and manufactured the Cycle Sound back in 1975. Vetter Corp. sold his Cycle Sound kit as an accessory. When I sold the company, the new owner simply copied Fred's design and called it Vetter Sound. All very embarrassing to me. Fred's Cycle Sound is the only legit unit as far as I am concerned.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I noticed when trading a Cycle Sound / Vetter Sound to a forum member they all fit, however there seemed to be different ones made for the WJ3 then the WJ4 and newer. The only real difference I found was the snugness in the front of the fairing by the windshield. The older Cycle Sound versions that I have fit the earlier WJ's perfect. The the newer Cycle Sound and Vetter Sound fit the newer WJ's perfect. Very slight differences.

This thread talks a bit about the differences. I need to do a more detailed post someday.
http://www.vetterowners.com/threads/vetter-sounds-for-various-models.683/#post-4475