Vetter Rooster Fairing

Have to agree with you Brian.

Show Bike: 100% period correct, if economically feasible.

Daily Rider: If period correct detracts from "fun factor", then it becomes secondary in priorities.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Have to agree with you Brian.

Show Bike: 100% period correct, if economically feasible.

Daily Rider: If period correct detracts from "fun factor", then it becomes secondary in priorities.

Yeah if this was going to have antigue plates and be period correct, I would have taken the extra step to keep the stereo accuratre. I think I have nearly 1200 songs on a USB drive, so I can ride for days without hearing the same song twice and not have to worry about turning the dial, rewinding the tape, or the disc skipping. :D

Period correct is my love. Practical? Not as... My XS has lots of modern day safety gadgets that make it not period correct. I am guessing that if I did do a period correct bike, I would not be riding it often.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Period correct is my love. Practical? Not as... My XS has lots of modern day safety gadgets that make it not period correct. I am guessing that if I did do a period correct bike, I would not be riding it often.
That is what a 75 or 76 GoldWing is for... Always looking but can never find one that I want to buy.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
A 77 would be nice too. I had one once but the title turned out to be bad, so all I really had was a lot of parts. They aren't as collectable so they can be bought real cheap. I don't like the faux tank on the 78/79 unless it is behind a Vetter so those two are out for me. What I would really like is a LTD.

Nice work, Brian! The finish looks more dark gray than black, but it still looks great; it may be the lighting. The carbon-fiber look is nice, too.

New member here. I have a '96 Nighthawk 750 with a Rooster on it. I found it for sale from someone who had it stored in a blanket, and had never mounted it on a bike. Like new with all the hardware.

I used the L-shaped turn-signal-relocation brackets instead of the scissor straps to mount it to the headlight bolts, and I relocate the turn signals to the fork tubes with a pair of 1-1/2" 'minerallac' straps.

I cut a DIN-size opening in the blank radio plate that came with the Rooster, and put in an Alpine UTE-32 mechless head unit. I hope to add an Alpine KTP-445U amp to it one day, in 2-channel mode.

I enlarged the speaker holes to fit a pair of MTX TNS-52 2-way 5-1/4" separates, with the tweeters flush-mounted on each side of the stereo. It sounds good already, but I'm looking forward to the amp.

Welcome Larry! Post a few pics of your Nighthawk with the Rooster in the Vetter Owners Bike Showcase. We can always use some non standard Vetter bikes.

New arrival! My birthday present from my better third has arrived. I found a never-installed Rooster body on the Bay. It was going for $139 or make an offer. I offered $85, which was countered with $100 (with shipping, and which I was willing to offer), so I jumped on it.

There are no windshield screw holes in the foam, and there's a tag hanging from a mounting hole. I'm going to store it as a spare in case I ever crack mine, but I hope I never need to install it. Now that I'm prepared, it'll end up as a wasted effort (like carrying an umbrella.)