Vetter Sounds For Various Models?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I pulled a Vetter Sound out of storage to send to Michael and I though I would dry fit it to my WJ3 before I send it out. Long behold it doesn't fit the way my Cycle Sound does on my WJ4. Is there a difference between these units and the different Wind Jammer models? Take a look at these pics, you will see the gap at the bottom of the windshield.

Windjammer-Vetter-Sound-03.jpg
Windjammer-Vetter-Sound-02.jpg
Windjammer-Vetter-Sound-01.jpg

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
XS I always thought they were one size fits all. I sure hope so because if I have to ride my bike without any tunes when I put the WJ 3 on, there will be issues!

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
What is interesting about this Vetter Sound is that there is no Vetter emblem on it (no holes too), however it did have Vetter speaker grills. I read some time ago that they were making Vetter Sound type units for people like Pacifico, Kutter and Bates, and obviously not named branded Vetter.

Again! I am off to the storage shed to pickup a WJSS and WJ4 to test the unit.

roncar

I have seen several different 'styles' for the Windjammer, but AFAIK if it was for a WJ, it will fit any WJ. There were also models for other Vetter fairings. The only one made for 'non-Vetter' I've seen or am aware of, was for the OEM Hondaline fairing that was used on early 80's Goldwings and Silverwings (and maybe others, dunno.)

94-1391823209-572fbc426d7d5f69674939305c96149a.jpg

Here's a visual comparison of the WJ vs Hondaline. (These were sold years ago, so I no longer have them.)

cssc.jpg

Bladequarter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Good info bud, thanks. Looking at that advert, looks like the next fairing I'm gonna try to find will be a rooster for my Shadow ACE

Look twice save a life, motorcycles are everywhere

Larry Fine

Country flag
Ask me anything you want to know about the Rooster. I had one on my '82 Nighthawk 750, and I have one on my '96 with an Alpine mechless head unit and an Alpine amp, plus 5-1/4" 2-way (separate tweeters) speakers.

By the way, the stock Rooster speaker openings are for 4" speakers, not 5" as advertised above. I don't know if speaker-sizing parameters have changed over the years, but the original holes are definitely for 4" speakers.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ron, very interesting. I will get to the bottom of this mystery. I am heading to town today and will stop by my storage and pick up some investigative goodies.

To be continued........

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Good info bud, thanks. Looking at that advert, looks like the next fairing I'm gonna try to find will be a rooster for my Shadow ACE

I have a Rooster on my 1200 GoldWing and it really is a nice mini-fairing to have: more than just a windshield and less than a full fairing.

Bladequarter

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
It's gonna be a couple months before I start trying to find a rooster, but I like those better than the "batwing" fairings. Had a better look in my opinion. I would use a windjammer but I would have to cut too much out to make it fit

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Funny Tom, today was the first day that I had a moment to play with toys. When I say toys, I mean my Vetter goodies. So today was Cycle Sound and Vetter Sound research day. I came to the exact same conclusion with the radio units. Each one fits totally different. I mean they all kinda fit, however to perfection is only within one fairing. I have a WJ3, WJ4, WJSS, and about 30 radio units. I played with them all! Wish I had a WJ5 (soon!). Inside of each unit, if it is of its original nature, you will see a little sticker that has the month and the year. I found that each sticker year range fits the fairing year range perfectly. With the WJ3 and lower the 3" speaker version fits perfect I found. More research coming soon!

Terraplane Tom

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Trial and error. I wonder if these are the same engineers that design car parts too? They are specific for only one year and one model.

PAUL politsch

Vetter Aficionado
The one that's in my fairing is from the first made I'm told. It has no speaker name on the grills and the speakers are very small. Like a clock radio small. It is a cyclesound catty. I want to find a catty to fit my wjSS I picked up a great set of speaker covers with the logo on them. I also will be getting the radio cover cyclesound style too. getting down to the niddy gritty stuff to dial it in. I just didn't see spending 35.00 for the lower screws kit I did find them local though. Way cheaper too..

VoodooRed_KZ1100_A-3

Learning the Ropes
Hello everyone.

Been a while since last I posted but I'm back. I'd like to find a CycleSound unit to fit my ride's Vetter fairing. Would someone have a unit they're willing to part with, that has the regular whip antenna, not the laminar? Many thanks and hello again!

Mark

VoodooRed_KZ1100_A-3

Learning the Ropes
Mine is a "Kawasaki by Vetter" fairing. It looks to be quite similar to a WJ- possibly 4 or 5. I can get pics of it, if that helps any at all...

There is a new member on here that has an '81 KZ1100 in blue that has the same fairing/gear as mine. Most likely what will fit his will fit mine, and vice versa- as far as fairings and gear go lol...

Many thanx!

Mark