Rice-O-Rama (a Japanese Motorcycle Event)

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I think this is the 11th year, there are tons of videos on youtube and also a facebook page for those of you who go there.

http://www.rice-o-rama.com/

Sun. Sept. 9th 20188-5 rain or shine.

SPENCER FAIRGROUNDS -
48 Smithville Road, Spencer, ma. 01562

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I'm still planning on going. I'll be primarily looking for single downtube WJ mounts, NOS finned covers for sohc CB750s and any low priced Lester wheels.

I recently picked up a serviceable set of early GL1000 forks, triples with tapered rollers but no outer races and caliper brackets for my CB750K3 project, I'll be on the lookout for a front axle, rotors and calipers too. My 750's original 6-bolt hub was the same as on the early GL1000 or so I read, just need longer bolts for the second rotor.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Thanks, I always try to find something to squirrel away, something for a current project and something to flip for a profit.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
The turnout for this event wasn't as large as expected, the weather was cool and topped out at 65F and the overcast skies kept the sun off for the most part but didn't threaten to rain at all. I didn't find anything useful except this one WJ mount on this 74 CB450 but the guy couldn't be convinced to seperate it from the bike. I ran into some friends though, some I haven't seen in quite a few years, so it wasn't a bad time all in all.
Aul1HI.jpg