Bad weather update and overall rating so far

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Thursday past was the first day I've been out with the Vetter fitted where it was raining properly and cold, to boot.
It was dry but chilly when I left, and of course, I immediately felt the benefits of being shielded from the blast, but when it started to rain, I decided to give this fairing the BMW RT test - not stop to pull on waterproof overtrousers, as the RT fairing would have kept me dry as long as I stayed above 30mph.
I'm pleased to say the Vetter passed this test very well indeed. I only pulled on overtrousers at my destination before setting off again, as the whole bike was soaking, and riding around town in the rain was going to get me wet, whatever way I cut it.
In fact, the only let-down was a thorough boot soaking when the front wheel threw up a large puddle splash. I knew that would happen, as there are simply no lowers down that far, so some deflectors are needed at foot level.
Having said that though, there's a definite improvement in warm air circulation around my feet with the lowers in place, so there's some ducting and directionality of warmed air to my feet, albeit only at lower speeds.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I can't wait for riding season to come around. Hearing these stories make me want to be on the road.

I am looking for a new project bike, I hope to find a 78 GL or a Midnight Special.

rob.lafady

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Looks like early next week is supposed to clear up weather-wise, but I live in the great northwest, things can change very rapidly...oh, I happen to have that time off of work, so I'm sure the rain will move in...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I hope the weather guessers are right in this area for this weekend... calling for temps in the 50's :cheer

Last edited: