Yamaha XS1100 Special Vetter Saddle Bag Brackets

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Long story short.

Searched forever, found some XS11 saddle bag mounts, bought them, bead blasted them, re-welded a crack, painted them, and went to mount them on my XS and I found I bought the wrong ones!

I bought for a 79 XS1100 Standard, I have a 79 XS1100 Special, and yes the brackets are different. The standard by what I have read have a shorter mount bar to the rear foot pegs. Yes, I can cut, and re-weld, however I would rather get the proper set and let somebody with the proper bike have these.

So, I am looking for a set for my 1979 XS1100 Special. If anybody has any leads let me know. I will also sell my standards if anybody needs them.

vetter_yamaha_xs1100_standard_luggage_mount.JPG

Sparkfly88

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Man... If I find a set of bags.. I'll be all over those for my standard. :D

Sent using Tapatalk 4 on my phablet Note 2

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have a multiple sets of extra bags too! haha, I bought one as a set. I want to find a set for my special before I off these. Or who knows, I may off them. I really don't want to cut these, because they are original, and who knows how off I will be from an original XS Special set.

RIckrod3

Grasshopper
Do you still have the mounts? If so how much for them?
From the picture it looks like they're just for the bags. Is that correct?

Thanks

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Thanks for that link Rickrod. I am going to give that fellow a call and see if he will sell me just the brackets. Do you need my set of saddlebag mounts for the 79 Standard? Do you also need a fairing mount? I have an extra for the 79 XS Standard as well.

RIckrod3

Grasshopper
Thanks for that link Rickrod. I am going to give that fellow a call and see if he will sell me just the brackets. Do you need my set of saddlebag mounts for the 79 Standard? Do you also need a fairing mount? I have an extra for the 79 XS Standard as well.

I was interested in the saddle bag mounts and could use another fairing bracket. How much for them shipped to 07436?

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I am still look for these for my Special. Keep your eyes pealed. I would even buy a set just for the brackets. If reasonable that is. :cigar: