Another Newbie from Scotland...

Miti

Grasshopper
Hi folks. I'm a long-term, UK based XS1100 owner and I'm getting a little tired of the headwind trying to rip my arms from their sockets plus the regular drenchings the Scottish weather hands out so frequently... So, I've bought a late model Vetter Windjammer SS. It wasn't originally fitted to an XS1100, but it soon will be. It was on an '80 Suzuki GS1000 and I've been playing about with the mounting hardware to see what's needed. Hence my joining here - I'm betting there are tons of folks here with an XS/Vetter combo, so where better to ask questions..?

I'll post up in a more appropriate section of the forum.

Miti

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Miti! There are plenty of XS folks here, that is for sure. I really like the GS1000, I think they look great with the Quicksilver fairings.

Miti

Grasshopper
Not many Vetters made it over here and few of them were 'Quicksilver' models... I picked up the WJSS for £40 (delivered to the door) and doubled my outlay by buying a new screen... It'll need some refurb work and a re-paint (from white to black) before it's ready to fit, but I want to get the mount sorted before any other work commences...

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado
Hi, eBay UK has a few Windjammers every now and again but its the correct lowers for my Z1000 that I am having difficulty in finding as most on sale here seem to be for Goldwings. I have purchsed Vetter stuff from the US on eBay but you need to watch for the import taxes as they can be really steep, better to go for something that states the import tax at point of purchase.