Bakersfield to San Carlos Mexico : Ride Report (Non Vetter)

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Monday morning, we got up, checked all the nuts and bolts on the bikes, cleaned up the house, got packed, went to breakfast with pops and departed towards the border. It was a shotgun ride, we rode for about 9 hours, crossed the border at Nogales, then headed straight for Tucson where we had the final evening of the three of us. In the morning we said goodbye to "Hey Steve", we let the lone tear roll, and Jeromy and I headed towards Bakersfield.

Jeromy and I encountered a nasty storm about a 100 miles or so from Palm Springs, CA. The winds were crazy strong, it was a pretty rude ride. The DR's with 606's on them are not really the best all weather tire/ bike combo. Plus our bikes are really light and tend to get blown around lots. Jer and I became familiar with what kind of wind vortex would be created by various types of semis that blew by us at 80MPH. We ended up stopping in Indio and staying the night. By this time it was 8PM and we didn't want to play games with the storm at night.

The next day was indeed windy, however this got better as we got into the Los Angeles area. From LA we headed toward Bakersfield. I dropped off in my town of Tehachapi, and Jeromy continued to Bakersfield. What a trip!

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, April 20th, 21st, 22nd

Goodbye house! Thanks Jeff!
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Goodbye-House.jpg
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Packing-Up.jpg
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Steve-Dirty-Filter.jpg
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Last-Breakfast.jpg

Some interesting art...
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Art.jpg

Our last PEMEX stop.
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Last-PeMex.jpg

Back in the USA, at a Shell station. No rectal searches for us!
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Back-In-The-USA.jpg

Final pic with "Hey Steve". Thanks for joining us Steve, it was great!
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Last-Pic-With-Steve.jpg
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Pit-Stop.jpg
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-Rest-Stop.jpg

Jeromy heading to Bakersfield, me dropping off at Tehachapi. We did it!
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-End-Trip.jpg

After eating pretty much nothing but tacos, it was time for a steak! My first stop!
Bakersfield-To-Baja-Mexico-First-Stop.jpg

BeachedSquirrel

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Very cool! I really enjoyed reading this. I'd love to take a trip like this one of these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Great,good story telling...nice pics.You probably like the ride in back of the the pick up best of all :)Now I wanna head towards Mexico or at least south west.Thank you soo much for sharing with us.Never been that far south,might have to get a passport.