Cyclesound

Duke65

Grasshopper
Ok, here are the pics. The Cyclesound doesn't fit correctly. If you stand it up it fits better but not quite right, and you have to drill holes in the top of the enclosure to fit the studs from the windshield.
Ok, sorry there's no pictures. Can't figure out how to get them from the phone to the post.

Attachments

• 1471149331015-161404555.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 515
Last edited:

roncar

Hard to tell from your pic, but I know there were several variations of the CycleSound/VetterSound for the Windjammer fairings. And at least one version that was for the Hondaline fairing that was way too big to fit in a Windjammer. Here is a comparison pic, VetterSound on top Hondaline on bottom.

438-1471173382-2cff0a216f475f576fea188fc4762e42.jpg

Duke65

Grasshopper
Looks like I have the one on top, and I believe I need the Vetter. No matter where you put it, there is no way the metal brackets can be used and also it blocks the windshield vents

Duke65

Grasshopper
Sorry for the short answer, I was at work and have been working double shifts.
It is a Windjammer 3. Don't know the year, but the serial number is still readable if that will help.

Larry Fine

Country flag
As a general question, is it normal for the windshield bolts to interfere with the enclosure? Should one relocate the nuts to inside the lower half, or use a second set of nuts?

Duke65

Grasshopper
As a general question, is it normal for the windshield bolts to interfere with the enclosure? Should one relocate the nuts to inside the lower half, or use a second set of nuts?
I don't think that they should interfere at all if you have the proper fitting stereo enclosure.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have a WJ3 here and what I believe to be the same Cycle Sound as you. I will run some tests and let you know the results.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Ok, I tested multiple sound units on two different fairings. The two fairings I used were a Windjammer III, and a Windjammer IV. The results between the two fairings were pretty much the same. I didn't notice any issues with the older smaller speaker units vs the newer larger speaker units. The larger speaker Cycle Sound and Vetter sound did seem to fit a little better, they were tucked back more and utilized the bracket to tie into the upper windshield bolts. Also, the older units just bolted the unit directly to the upper windshield bolt vs using a bracket. You will see in the images I tool below.

Windjammer III older smaller speaker Cycle Sound (I put the bracket on for reference) Notice the screwdriver in the windshield mount holes.
Cycle-Sound-Small-Speaker-01.jpg
Cycle-Sound-Small-Speaker-02.jpg

Windjammer III with larger speaker Cycle Sound
Cycle-Sound-Larger-Speaker-01.jpg
Cycle-Sound-Larger-Speaker-02.jpg

Vetter Sound with larger speaker (only way Vetter Sound units came) on a Windjammer III
Vetter-Sound-Large-Speaker-01.jpg
Vetter-Sound-Large-Speaker-02.jpg

Larger speaker Cycle Sound mounted on a Windjammer IV. Using the brackets
Cycle-Sounds-Windjammer-IV-01.jpg
Cycle-Sounds-Windjammer-IV-02.jpg

This is an early (can tell by the sticker and not and emblem) Cycle Sound, smaller speaker on a WJ3
Cycle-Sound-Small-Speaker-Old-01.jpg
Cycle-Sound-Small-Speaker-Old-02.jpg

Larry Fine

Country flag
The one I got does not fit my WJ5 anywhere nearly that well. There is a large difference between the contours, and a large gap around the central arc above the headlight.

Larry Fine

Country flag
The speaker holes are 4-1/8" dia. It says "Vetter" on the top and has a yellow Vetter Sound warning label underside.

If there is one that fits better and has larger holes, I'm very interested. I can handle converting the opening to DIN.

Duke65

Grasshopper
I'm curious to see if the cycle sound on the wj3 will allow the vents to operate. They won't on mine.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
My III doesn't have a windshield on it. It clears on my IV. I know some of the cycle sounds have vent slots on the top. I am going to take the Windshield off my IV and put it on my SS this weekend. Ill test it on my III when I do it and take some pics.

Duke65

Grasshopper
My III doesn't have a windshield on it. It clears on my IV. I know some of the cycle sounds have vent slots on the top. I am going to take the Windshield off my IV and put it on my SS this weekend. Ill test it on my III when I do it and take some pics.

Thank You. Look forward to seeing how it fits.