How to remove radio from an SS

Uxbridge Brule

Grasshopper
Country flag
Looking to remove a radio and speaker unit from a Windjammer SS it seems like I have to remove the windshield to get to the mounting points, sound right? I can post pictures later today if that helps. I don't want the weight of the radio and CB that high up. Thanks

TexasBulldogger

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Pull the speakers out first to find the nuts inside. Couple of steel "L" bracket in the corners attached thru windshield bolts. Been a few years (decades) since riding with an SS, but do remember fixing a couple of stress cracks. Probably from the weight bouncing or maybe my insistent modifications. These days I'm using phone Pandora and a bluetooth controller straight into an equalizer and amp in saddle bag. Managed to fit 6" speakers in Interstate fairing and a pair of 4X6 two way speakers in the saddlebag lids.

Uxbridge Brule

Grasshopper
Country flag
Pull the speakers out first to find the nuts inside. Couple of steel "L" bracket in the corners attached thru windshield bolts. Been a few years (decades) since riding with an SS, but do remember fixing a couple of stress cracks. Probably from the weight bouncing or maybe my insistent modifications. These days I'm using phone Pandora and a bluetooth controller straight into an equalizer and amp in saddle bag. Managed to fit 6" speakers in Interstate fairing and a pair of 4X6 two way speakers in the saddlebag lids.
Thanks will check into that and look for stress cracks. I have never had tunes or an intercom on any bike I've rode. The wife wants Bluetooth headsets, me I like not having them .... the quiet just the motor no talking and no backseat comments.