1980 Honda GL1100 with Vetter Set-up and Terraplane - Original Survivors - 6,000 Canadian Funds

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
Looking for a good home for this beautiful and excellent running combination. Hoping it goes to a Vetter enthusiast perhaps from this community. Burgundy bike and gloss black sidecar sold new from the dealer as a unit. 17,500 miles. I purchased the combination from a gentleman in Michigan and then imported it into Canada. This bike and sidecar function beautifully together both in town and at highway speeds due to correct dealer set-up including period correct steering damper that was often used.

Professionally inspected when I bought it 8 years years ago. Carbs were cleaned and set up, new starter, new water pump, new fuel lines, belts checked and adjusted. Matching fairing lowers have been added and are shown in photos. All receipts available.

Terraplane sidecar has excellent original exterior gloss paint and decals, excellent interior including original seat and seatbelt, clean storage area, original shock and original fully functioning brake.

Starts up easily every spring, oil and filter are changed, unit is checked over, and is then used for occasional local Sunday morning rides.

Note 1: I have the original color matched burgundy fairing, bags, and trunk, but currently have the gloss black Vettter set-up on the bike to match the sidecar. The burgundy fairing, bags, and trunk set can be purchased for an additional $300 Canadian. Also available are new in the box aftermarket headlight and correct front turn signals if the new owner wants to run the bike naked - $150 Canadian.

Note 2: Spring check shows some small cracks in the front tire. Tire will need replacing. Also, small crack and piece of material missing on one of the four fairing mountain bolts. Large washer fixed this. Always intended to do a proper fix. See photos in first album below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WGC3G2KNbAvrBd2e7 for more photos

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k3MXQ8mvziR7qrTFA for photos without Vetter accessories

$6000 Canadian Funds Cash. Pick-up only near Ottawa, Ontario. Bike and sidecar can be easily separated for transport. Contact Mike for more information at mike3242218@gmail.com

Attachments

• 20150628_133743.jpg
    20150628_133743.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20150628_133836.jpg
    20150628_133836.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20150607_182826 (1).jpg
    20150607_182826 (1).jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

KGBnut

Learning the Ropes
Country flag
Looks like a great rig. I wish it were in my current budget, but I just picked up a 1974 BMW R90/6 that I am bringing back to life.

Good luck with it.

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
BMW Boxer would make a great tug like the Gold Wing I think. Lower center of gravity with the flat engine layout is something that I appreciated when driving the Gold Wing and the Terraplane. Enjoy your project!

Mike324

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I miscalculated the exchange rate first go around when setting the Canadian funds. Price is 6,000 Canadian Funds not 8,000. Apologize for the confusion. Mike