Corona Riding

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Has this "pandemic" stopped anybody from riding? Has it changed your riding habits?

Hope you all are doing well!

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I work at a hospital as a Safety Manager/Emergency Management Coordinator. Since March 3rd, I have been working in our Command Center working long, stressful hours dealing with COVID response efforts. Riding is my therapy. If I'm not riding, I'm wrenching because that too is my therapy.

I have been racking up a LOT of overtime so I have also been working off a lot of those long standing projects. The miles, well yeah they are adding up as well :)

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I work at a hospital as a Safety Manager/Emergency Management Coordinator. Since March 3rd, I have been working in our Command Center working long, stressful hours dealing with COVID response efforts. Riding is my therapy. If I'm not riding, I'm wrenching because that too is my therapy.

I have been racking up a LOT of overtime so I have also been working off a lot of those long standing projects. The miles, well yeah they are adding up as well :)
Thanks for your work Brian, it's really unsung these days the amount of overtime, stress and personal danger that everyone involved with hospitals, healthcare and elder care are working through.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
All my "Corona" riding has been on my Russian Motorcycle. I managed to get the odometer up to 2,498 Km during this pandemic. Then I took the sidecar off it and proceeded to do the 2,500 Km service. During the 3 days required to do that I switched to my Vetter equipped Honda VLX 600. I've completed the service and have the Russian bike back on the road. Now I'll be switching between both bikes.

Alan F.

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
That's really cool Scott.
I'm kind of excited that I was logged in and reading other new posts when I got the email notification of your new post!

Wow, simultaneous forum activity!

Dave Ireland

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
It's not affected me much, as I tend to stay home and keep busy with stuff here anyway. I've stopped shopping weekly, just do it fortnightly but take the opportunity to go the long way around, so what should be a ten mile trip ends up being 40 or 50. Any further I'd have been risking running into the coppers on the interception patrols.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I have not been affected much also. Being in the tech industry I still stay busy. However, I am still looking for a new Vetter project. Craigslist daily!