Other ride(s)?

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Way back when I had an Austin Healy Sprite bug eye.

1960Austin-Healey_700.jpg

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
My '73 Stag arrived today. Its got a few issues, as all all cars will. Maybe not quite as nice as the seller implied, but overall I am happy with it. Before you say it looks great, just remember, they always look great...in the pictures Its not that bad, just some bubbling body work here and there that will probably fall away in huge chunks once you start disturbing it, haw haw! Other thing I will have to live with (knew about it before hand), is some dumb previous owner fitted what appear to be fender-top mounted turn signal indicators from an early 70s Dart!

Attachments

• staggered.jpg
    staggered.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 357
  • bonnet1.jpg
    bonnet1.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 311
  • photo 3 (3).JPG
    photo 3 (3).JPG
    984.8 KB · Views: 318
  • bonnet2.jpg
    bonnet2.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 316
  • stagrear.JPG
    stagrear.JPG
    756.7 KB · Views: 336

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Well, my plans with the Triumph fell through. It would have been a fun car. I did however buy another truck yesterday.

It has come to the point in our lives where we are restoring 1994 classic vehicles. :flush

Nice find on the pickup! To bad the Triumph didn't go through.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
My '73 Stag arrived today. Its got a few issues, as all all cars will. Maybe not quite as nice as the seller implied, but overall I am happy with it. Before you say it looks great, just remember, they always look great...in the pictures Its not that bad, just some bubbling body work here and there that will probably fall away in huge chunks once you start disturbing it, haw haw! Other thing I will have to live with (knew about it before hand), is some dumb previous owner fitted what appear to be fender-top mounted turn signal indicators from an early 70s Dart!

Man that thing looks fun! Condition seems good to me. Still so many cars I am not familiar with, never heard of a Stag till now.

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
My parents had one in the 70s when I was a kid, bought it used in 1975 at Reedman in Langhorne, PA. I've been looking for one off and one for over 20 years. Finding my Dad's old Wing last year kind inspired me to be more serious about my search. My family's Stag was stolen and destroyed by arson circa 1977, so finding the actual one is not an option this time, haw haw!. The joke in the family was it was a put up job, as the car had its share of mechanical problems. Owning one should be...interesting.

BeachedSquirrel

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
What I'm hoping to do is find a 1965/1966 Ford F100/250 and swap the cab/bed onto the 1994 chassis. Wheelbase difference is 2" and the width difference is a little more significant, but I think it could still be achieved. For the price of the 94 F350, I couldn't pass it up.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Even living in the Bakersfield California area, I can pass up every pickup! I just borrow my friends when I need to move (again). :tomato

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag

Nice looking car. One day I will get a small convertible just to toy around with: a 1969 Corvair is the top of my list - mostly just to tell Nader to take a long walk off of a short pier!

aliensatemybuick

Vetter Aficionado
My Dad had a '65 Corvair coupe, was his first new car, and i just about can remember it (my parents sold it in the early 70s). Thing about Nader and the 'vair is despite what "conventional wisdom" says, he didn't really kill the car. It had a 10 model year run, not bad for such an unconventional car. The model was made for 4 years after "unsafe at any speed" came out, and the book even acknowledges the suspension fixes made by '65. The book also lambasted the then new Mustang, too, didn't hurt sales of that car!mailto:aoldfie121@gmail.com

Last edited:

Larry Fine

Country flag
My first car was a '65 Corvair, too! It was a Corsa hard-top with the 140HP engine (4 1bbl carbs) and 4-speed transmission.

I got it for $25 and a couple of hours spent replacing a melted 2-foot section of wiring harness over the left-rear half-axle.

Saxonplace

Vetter Aficionado

Good looking British sports car

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I had a Corvair van,fill it up with oil and check the gas.It leaked and burned it.Always smelt like burnt oil if I had to use the heater..ahhh to be young again.

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
I had a Corvair van,fill it up with oil and check the gas.It leaked and burned it.Always smelt like burnt oil if I had to use the heater..ahhh to be young again.
One of my first cars I had to turn the heater on when going uphill. I called it the auxiliary radiator.