My bike and the Vetter

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I just started getting into camera work so I have fun with pictures to try and make myself better,thanks for not caring.I just have an entry level slr,the quality is not the best but I like to try and take a picture I would enjoy later.SHALL I GO OFF TOPIC!!
backtotopic.gif

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Here is the funny part. I didn't notice that you cleaned up the image. Here I am in the graphic industry as a designer.

I should have known Steppen would have done something like that. Nice job! Sarp, sharp, sharp!

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
You keep this kind of talk up Steppen, I will curse you as a assistant admin moderator type person, to move people like yourself and their wacky digressing threads to off-topic!

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
I just started getting into camera work so I have fun with pictures to try and make myself better,thanks for not caring.I just have an entry level slr,the quality is not the best but I like to try and take a picture I would enjoy later.SHALL I GO OFF TOPIC!!
backtotopic.gif

Well, it is your topic, so how can the author of a topic really take it "Off Topic"? :cigar:

The sad part about cameras is that I had to get a new cell phone to eventually get a better camera. I have never really been a picture person relying more on the camera in my head... If I ever lose my memory, I am screwed! I guess it is time to rethink that idea.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I lost my memory a long time ago but I have been carrying a camera since I was about 16 starting with a little Kodak with a green button on top on all my little travels. Then I became an OTR driver and had one in case of accident and scenery.Cell phone,got a new one yesterday after a month or two with out,last one went in the toilet:)
Most motorcycle sites are fairly liberal about topic direction but I have one train site(train nut also) that I have gotten into trouble for going slightly off topic
2253791211.gif

So now I have a camera at work,I cut grass for a living or I did till recently,hope to be back at it in a year or so,same with riding.Is this far enough off topic in one long sentence?
banmeplease.gif

009-24.jpg

Last edited:

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Think we should talk bike at least a little
ridingmotorcycle.gif

Okay.

Has anyone seen a Honda Helix with a larger trunk?

My dad was complaining that the trunk on his Helix wasn't that big and that if he put a 1/2 gallon of ice cream in it, the ice cream was melted by the time he got home. As luck would have it, I just switched everything on the back of my bike over to Honda-line, so I had my Vetter trunk and hardware sitting around collecting dust. We just had to fab up some mounting legs and a few hose clamps later this is what we got:

Helix_zps1610e35d.jpg

I tried to talk him into letting me paint the side panels to match the red, but he was having nothing to do with it. His only complaint was that it wasn't a little further front so that he would have a larger backrest. I guess he was expecting a lazy-boy. Now he has the room to carry some stuff!

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Maybe we can do this...maybe...have to ask the powers that be:)
bang-head-on-wall.gif

icon_study.png

Page 52....allows it ...can't find the reason?
icon_scratch.png

Here we go..real head banging
49962.gif
now this IS allowed......

Last edited:

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Brian..why didn't your dad want you to paint the trunk? But it would have made a great back rest..plus carry that case of Bud home;)

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Something about the trunk looks so right.... However, something about the additional emoticons is also so right...

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Brian..why didn't your dad want you to paint the trunk? But it would have made a great back rest..plus carry that case of Bud home;)

I think it has to do with his idea that it would have taken longer. Not only that, if you saw the patch work of the front of his helix it might help to understand. I just chalk it up to his stubbornness and the fact that he just doesn't care. Later this Spring he is going South to see his Brother, so I am going to pull them off and paint them while he is gone. I wonder how long it will take him to notice when he gets back.

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I think it has to do with his idea that it would have taken longer. Not only that, if you saw the patch work of the front of his helix it might help to understand. I just chalk it up to his stubbornness and the fact that he just doesn't care. Later this Spring he is going South to see his Brother, so I am going to pull them off and paint them while he is gone. I wonder how long it will take him to notice when he gets back.
If your dad is like me he may never notice:)

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
A friend and member of our SWOXS group got a barn find and got it running with a Vetter on it..he is more of a nakid rider but did a great job on getting another bike on the road.
WP_20140308_003_zpsfe185237.jpg

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
I have a few places I like to go just because it is one of those "Where to ride to days" Well I like trains and follow the tracks as they follow rivers and creeks and other scenic terrain.
I like a short ride to Camden OH to the Depot Inn for a quick hot dog and coke which is right next to the tracks..