Replacement Windshield Supplier?

bugdaddy66

Grasshopper
Okay gang, did a search but didn't find any suggestions for supplier for a new windshield for my Vetter. Where have you guys got them? Thanks!

bugdaddy66

Grasshopper
Thanks for the response, that is what I was finding also. Didn't know if there was a preference, or anyone associated with the group who could use the support. So you can't get a windshield from Vetter if I live in the US?

Larry Fine

Country flag
That's my take.

I have a friend who lives in PA, and in his town, there is a fireworks store that only sells to out-of-state residents - ID required and strictly enforced.

GreggS

Grasshopper
Country flag
Bought one through Vetter A couple of year ago, but I see you can't do that anymore. Actually, when I ordered, it was redirected to Slipstreamer.com, which seems to be the manufacturer, which I ordered from. They even sent screws and clips! And thats changed now, you have to go one of their dealers. All kinds of lawyer jokes are coming to mind!

GS850_Mike

Learning the Ropes
I ordered m8ne from ebay, it's a Slipstream, standard size with vents. Vents and mounting hardware included shipped in less than a week for just under 100. So far it seems really nice.

Scott-E

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I cut my own out of Lexan. I made a pattern out of card board and cut it out on a 9" band saw. Then I sanded the edges. I didn’t bother with heating it to bend it to the curvature of the fairing. Lexan bends very well so it was not necessary. I got the Lexan from a local glass shop. He happened to have a peace left over that was just large enough and charged me $18 including tax for it.
119xqhf.jpg

GreggS

Grasshopper
Country flag
I ordered m8ne from ebay, it's a Slipstream, standard size with vents. Vents and mounting hardware included shipped in less than a week for just under 100. So far it seems really nice.
Good price. You should be happy with it! Ride on!