My bike and the Vetter

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Here are some pictures of my bike...how about yours all dressed.
004-17.jpg

003-19.jpg

019-5.jpg

014-1.jpg

DSC_0656-1_zps2e420f21.jpg

DSC_0746.jpg

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
That is the only thing I don't have for my XS project. I need to get a set of lowers. steppenwolf, thanks for sharing some fantastic pictures of your bike. I can't wait to get my bike on the road! Looking forward to more pics and stories!

RIckrod3

Grasshopper
Hey Steph,

You really took advantage of all the neat thought out features. Pop vents, easy to remove lowers.
Great bike I like it.
The XS with a Vetter fairing says; this is a bike for riding!

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
Did you have to do some cutting on the lowers to fit around the radiator?
Is that a screw to hold the legs supports close to the engine? I still use the original little strap that came with mine. They do rub on the chrome side cover(on my bike) but I just put an old sock on it to protect the chrome.

Kevin Zdenek

Grasshopper
Actually, the lowers are for a WJ 3, or 4. I had to add material, re-drill a hole, and reshape the front of the lowers to match the fairing, but not actually trim for radiator clearance. The screws attach the "legs" to brackets on the engine, the location of the rear cylinders prevented me from using the original bungee cord(strap).

steppenwolf

Vetter Master
That is a beautiful bike, nice job on it. I like how everything blends together well.

Yuppers very smooth lines.

Kevin Zdenek

Grasshopper
No problem with heat from the mufflers, I tried to make all my mounts, and muffler brackets so they can live together without issues.

Terraplane Tom

Vetter Aficionado
Country flag
I was just curious. Mine get warm from the exhaust, and they are a good distance from the pipes.
Vetter did make a few rare saddlebags with a notch underneath to give more room.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Here is mine loaded when I had the full Vetter package on and loaded for a trip to the Skyline Drive:

IMG00226-20120809-2023_zps13fb00b6.jpg

Then I changed the trunks and bags to Honda-Line:
IMG_20130805_083016_582_zps747c16aa.jpg

I had a lot more gear loaded on the bike when I had the Vetter bags on. Which one held more?

These two I added just because the look cool: We were on our way to a Classic GoldWing get together and stopped for the night. I had to snap this on my walk back from the bath-house.
IMG_20130802_072447_014_zpscfada0a7.jpg

This one, well lets just say that Vetter was in the house and well represented! Too bad the hack wasn't a Terraplane:

Kynan C.

Admin
Country flag
Love it! Great pics. I think there was only one different saddle bag design, and that was for the XS1100. I may have read this on a forum or on Greg's site, cant remember.

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Country flag
Looks like with the Vetter you packed under the trunk..?Gave a nicer look.

Yeah, the spacing between the trunk and the bags allowed me to lay the chair and tent poles along the top of the bag and they just tucked right under the trunk. Made everything look stream-lined.