Cycle Sound Mounting?

AVetterXS

Admin
Reaction score
Website
www.fluxar.com
Seth, if you don't get a answer, post a new topic in the Terraplane forum and somebody should answer. Your question is kinda a mixed question, Terraplane and Cycle Sound.

Seth Matthews

Vetter Aficionado
Reaction score
Sorry man, when I reffered to Terraplane Tom, I meant the person who posted a pic, not the sidecar. lol I don't have a sidecar, I was trying to figure out how to mount my sound box. its a vetter. "Terraplane-Tom" posted one pic of how to mount it, and "DJnRF posted a different one are they both right, or do the vetter boxes just hook up the one way, with a bracket on each side, mounted with the speaker?

Reactions: AVetterXS

brianinpa

Five Star Vetteral
Reaction score
Judging by the pics that Terraplane Tom posted, are these brackets all that hold my sound box in? or are there also two on the back of the box that go to the fairing as well, like in the one that DJnRF posted? mine didn't have all of the foam stabilizer and sound deadeners in it, no trace of them ever being there either. also, mine didn't have the internal antenna, but a hole in the box for an external antenna that is on the right side running along the windshield. I didn't take the box off, my father in law did years ago when the radio quit working, and he doesn't remember now, and I have no idea myself. I'm assuming mine is the vetter box, that came with the fairing and the side boxes.
The brackets are one attach point, and the screws at the lower corner of the windscreen is the other attach point. Those screws simply go through the Cyclesound case.

With that in mind, I do not mount mine that way: it is just too much of a pain to always remove the speakers to access that nut every time I remove my windscreen. I have been riding with just those two brackets for years and have not had any problems with it.